Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Easter!


For those looking to spend a little family time with the kids I thought I would post my favorite sugar cookie recipe.

Iced Sugar cookies

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup butter
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 Tablespoons orange juice
1 teaspoon orange extract
1 Tablespoon vanilla

In large mixer bowl combine all ingredients until mixed well - chill two hours ( I sometimes just skip the chilling if I am in a hurry) On a lightly floured surface roll out dough cutting into 1/4 inch thickness. Place one inch apart on cookie sheet - bake at 400 until edges are lightly brown.

Icing - I put about 2 cups confectioners sugar and mix oj in with it until it is the consistency that I want and add food coloring paste to make it the right color for what ever holiday shape I am making and I brush the icing on with a pastry brush.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum! I bet the orange gives the cookies a great flavor! I hope you are doing well, Friend! HUGS!