Tuesday, July 28, 2009

P.S. Don't tell Martha...



A funny thing happens when you start working on Christmas cards in July. You start craving Christmas cookies.

I had a snickerdoodle recipe but I wasn’t happy with it so I started looking for a new one and I found Martha Stewart’s with one minor tweak it was perfect (don’t tell Martha but I added the vanilla).

I hope you enjoy & in a few days I will have some card samples up!


Snickerdoodles
(from Martha's Holiday Cookies 2005)

makes about 20 (or 40, if you make the balls very small)

2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla

2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. Put butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Mix in eggs. Reduce speed to low; gradually mix in flour mixture.

2. Stir together cinnamon and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl. Shape dough into 20 (1 3/4-inch) balls; roll in cinnamon sugar. Space 3 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.

3. Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until edges are golden, 12 to 15 minutes.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey. Hope you don't mind that I just talked about you in What I love Wednesday on my blog: http://blah2voila.wordpress.com/

Also, your post made me want to share. I saw a card yesterday that had the Mad Hatter at the tea party with the caption, "And that was the point that I said Martha Stewart, you are nothing but Kmart trash."

teehee

Claire Wise Photography said...

Thanks so much Dana! Tell me you bought the card :) too funny